Ontmoetings plaats voor eigenaars van een Pioneer Monodust 125cc
Wholesale Custom NBA Jerseys

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Monodust 125cc owners // Mijn oplossing
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
bears123

BerichtGeplaatst: 20-06-2020 02:23:11    Onderwerp: Wholesale Custom NBA Jerseys Reageren met citaat
Q: I was contacted by the city tax collector to say that my business is scheduled to be audited to see if I owe sales tax on items purchased on the Internet. Can they really make me pay sales tax on internet purchase? I thought you could buy things online tax free? -- Charlie B.

A: Sorry Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale , but your local municipality is well within its rights to audit your business to identify items purchased online. The city can also demand payment of sales tax on those items if sales tax was not previously paid. Don't be surprised if the auditor asks for access to your books and to see purchase receipts and invoices for at least the past year.

One of my companies recently underwent such an audit and it really was not as painful as you might think. Being a software company, the majority of our online purchases were for computer equipment, technical manuals Cheap Replica Jerseys , and software development tools. Since we purchase computers from a large supplier who collects sales tax at the point of sale (ditto for the development tools), the only sales tax we ended up owing was for an inordinate number of technical manuals and books purchased at .

If your small business is like most, the majority of your large purchases are made locally from companies that already collect sales tax. Furniture and computer equipment are typically the largest ticket items a small business buys Cheap Custom Jerseys , so unless you bought your desks and computers off of Ebay (which is highly possible these days) you should be OK.

Internet sales taxation has been a topic of contention even before Amazon sold its first book and Priceline booked its first flight. One of the more controversial points is that no one, including our own government, seems to have a clue how to implement a fair and logical Internet taxation process. With over 7 Cheap Authentic Jerseys ,500 different local, county and state taxation systems in the United States, you can understand the controversy.

In 1998 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale , Congress did what it usually does when faced with a potentially explosive issue like Internet tax collection -- it decided to put off making a decision. Congress enacted a three-year moratorium on the collection of taxes to give an appointed advisory board time to come up with an acceptable solution. That moratorium ended in 2002 and opened the door for municipalities to begin collecting sales tax on their own.

Here in Alabama the state sales tax collection department has aired radio spots asking Alabamians to step up to - and toss dollars into - the proverbial collection plate. The commercial kindly suggests that if I have purchased anything from an online retailer, I am honor-bound to proclaim such purchases and submit the appropriate sales tax to the collection department right away. They thank me in advance for my cooperation.

So, Charlie Cheap Jerseys From China , when the auditor shows up at your door the best thing you can do is smile politely and be totally forthcoming. The sales tax that you pay is a small price for the convenience of shopping online.

Or at least that's what you should tell yourself as you write the auditor a check.

Small Business Q&A is written by veteran entrepreneur and syndicated columnist, Tim Knox. Tim's latest books include "Small Business Success Secrets" and "The 30 Day Blueprint For Success!" Related Links:

Copying and counterfeiting are a reality worldwide. Law enforcement is ineffective. To protect rights and profits, businesses must adapt. Staying competitive requires keeping ahead of the copycats and the changing technology.

Copyright law protects the rights of authors (creators of original works). It was written into the United States Constitution in 1787 when the printing press was the primary means of reproducing works. Since then Cheap Jerseys China , the technology to enable copying has evolved dramatically.

> Allowable or Infringing use?

Under the fair use?doctrine, limited use of a copyrighted work is allowed for personal or educational use. Penalties for infringement are severe. Minimum damages are $750 for each copyrighted work that was infringed, with higher damages if the infringement is willful Cheap Jerseys ,?plus costs and attorneys fees.

> Technology Advances

Copy machines and VCRs are examples of the progression of copying technology. The courts struggled to establish standards for allowable use of these technologies. It is also allowable to make a few copies for personal use or to record a movie for viewing at another time. Making money from a copyright protected work is not allowed without permission from the Copyright owner.

File sharing capability, such as with Napster and Grokster, have enabled downloading music from the Internet. This has caused upheaval in the music industry. Proceeds from the legitimate sale of music support not only the recording artists and songwriters Wholesale Adidas Soccer Jerseys , but also all the support staff and the workers in the sales and distribution channels. To protect their profits, the record companies have resorted to suing individuals (including minor children) with their claims of damages.

The lawsuits have not stopped the copying. Technology continues to progress. P2P (peer to peer) networking capability, such as BitTorrent (which was created to enable the transmission of huge electronic files to assist Linux developers) has now been applied to the copying of TV shows and films. The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) has filed lawsuits to stop the trading of pirated movies and TV programs over the Internet.

> Law Enforcement Ineffecti. Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Custom NBA Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Custom MLB Jerseys Wholesale MLB Baseball Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Monodust 125cc owners // Mijn oplossing Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: